top of page

Lead Like You Mean It: Student Athlete Leadership Training Program

Over the past few years, I've had some tough medical battles to face. I've undergone four surgeries, consumed countless medications, and dealt with the emotional struggles of depression, anxiety, and memory loss. It's been a difficult journey, but now, thanks to another chance God gave me, I'm working hard to pick myself back up and rebuild my team's culture.


With my team captains, I've developed a student-athlete leadership program designed to enhance our program's culture. We've made every effort to make this program the best. Even before I was back on my feet (which was just a few weeks after my last surgery), my captains showed up at my door, and together, we worked on incorporating John Wooden's "Pyramid of Success" videos and a variety of topics.


We believe in Shared Purpose, Trust, Active and Passive Communication, Nonverbal Communication, Conflict Resolution, Diversity and Inclusion, Stewardship, and Community Engagement. And so, we've built these elements right into our program. Although I contributed 25% of the content, the remaining 75% was written by my amazing athletes. I'm incredibly proud of them and all we've accomplished.


Sharing this resource with you is important to us. It's an incredible asset that we believe will change the lives of aspiring student-athletes everywhere. We ask only that you credit Centenary Volleyball when you use it and provide us with feedback. We understand that your team may need unique changes to suit your program, but we ask that you keep the format consistent. And please don't hesitate to tell us what you think, what worked well and what didn't, so we can continue to improve.


I feel grateful to have another chance at life and such wonderful people around me.


Thank you all, and God bless.




79 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page